One of our favorite things we love about traveling is discovering a place that is truly surprising. You might not expect to fall head over heels in love with a new city, but when it happens, the feelings are unforgettable. This is the kind of love where you replay every moment you experienced, over and over again in your mind. The kind of connection where you can’t wait to go back to do it all again. These magical destinations can take us by surprise and change us for the better.
Las Vegas is filled with these noteworthy surprises.
Sure you might feel that parts of Vegas are uber glitzy, and even a tad gaudy. If you haven’t been recently, or you are unconvinced of the neon charms of Las Vegas, we need to fill you in on a really good surprise. In the heart of The Strip is a resort oasis that offers the rush and excitement of the city, combined with a luxurious and relaxing home away from home feel. This is indeed the new way to travel to Las Vegas.
Welcome to Elara, A Hilton Grand Vacations Club!
We recently returned from a fabulous stay at the Elara and discovered so many surprises that this Resort exudes, offering travelers the best of the best in vacation experiences.
Let’s take an insider’s look at Elara, A Hilton Grand Vacations Club
First impressions are everything. Walking into the chic lobby of Elara, you are immediately transported into vacation mode. Upbeat music playing pairs well with the hip, fresh space of the lobby level.
Spacious and social. You can always find guests walking around, relaxing in the lounge chairs, enjoying a caffeine treat at Starbucks, or having a cocktail while overlooking the pool. The Elara lobby is connected to the Miracle Mile Shops with over 170 stores, including Sephora, Dry Bar, H&M, and even an ABC Store. The mall also boasts entertainment, water feature shows, and restaurants in all cuisines and price points. So really, Elara offers guests the quick convenience of shopping, dining, and shows, all just steps away from your room.
Elara is a tech-savvy resort. Here are just a few of the technology features:
Pops of turquoise against palm fronds reflecting off the water make you feel like you are inside a Tiffany’s jeweler in the tropics. As you sit sunning you almost expect the bartenders to bring you drinks inside a Tiffany blue box, complete with a bow.
Here are a few highlights from the Elara pool:
- Spacious pool with both a wading area, and depth and space for lap swimming
- Whirlpool hot tub
- Poolside bar and grill
- Floating lounge chairs
- Towel service
- Multiple lifeguards on duty
- Fantastic cocktails (not watered down!)
- Cabanas with flat screen TVs
- The perfect music playlist
Our favorite surprise are the high-end and affordable cabanas. You can choose between pool level and second story to relax on cozy, outdoor furniture, enjoy a mini fridge filled with water bottles, watch a movie poolside, and order food and drink to enjoy under your ceiling fan. When you are ready to take a dip in the pool, you can store your valuables inside your own locker. Can we add that the staff is amazing! So attentive and truly want to make sure their guests have the best time.
The lobby bar might be the most social bar area on The Strip! The bartenders are so friendly, and the space is open and comfortable. Enjoy an all-American breakfast and a selection of sandwiches, salads, and grilled specialties. In the evening, sip cocktails or a refreshing beer or glass of wine, before heading out for an unforgettable night on the town.
One of our favorite surprises about dining at Elara is all of the other foodie options that are so close, including:
- Miracle Mile Shops, with so many restaurants to choose from, all connected to Elara.
- Nearby grocery store to pick up food to cook in your condo (or have your groceries delivered).
- Planet Hollywood and The Cosmopolitan (within walking distance of Elara)
- LINQ for more dining (It’s just a short walk or Metro ride away!)
This is a hotel fitness center that actually feels like a gym!
You will enjoy the brand new Precor equipment and the space to workout during your travels:
- Precor machines including treadmills, ellipticals, stationary bikes, weights, and more!
- Plenty of space for yoga mats and stretching
- Filtered water – even if you aren’t working out, you can bring in your reusable water bottle to fill up and take poolside
- Spacious locker rooms complete with walk-in shower (big enough for a whole family!)
At Elara, A Hilton Grand Vacations Club you can travel solo all the way up to 10 guests in your condo. All of Elara’s rooms are spacious and complete with so many amenities to make you feel like you are home (Actually, somewhere much more glamorous and relaxing than home. As it should be on vacation!). Rooms can include:
- Large whirlpool jet tub
- Separate free-standing shower
- Living space to spread out
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Dining tables
- Multiple flat screen TVs
- All rooms have ceiling to floor windows that you can control by an electric blackout shade
If you are bringing more people on your travels, try this on for size – four-bedroom, four-bathroom suite with over 2,900 square feet of living space!
Yes, the bed needs its own shoutout. The Elara bed is heavenly. The pillows should be duplicated and sent to each and every bed around the world this holiday season. You sink in perfectly and wake up feeling like you were comforted by cumulus clouds.
Elara, A Hilton Grand Vacations Club takes security seriously, so you don’t have to worry about a thing during your stay. Key access is required to the elevators, pool, fitness center, and more. There is even a personal security guard scanning keys in the elevator area. Aside from security staff, there are team members everywhere so the staff coverage has been very thought out and is very comforting.
A Few More Elara Surprises
- Pizza Party + Movie – Order a pizza and four beers from room service and pop in a free movie from the DVD center. If you are staying in one of the rooms with a projector, you can enjoy a movie theater ambiance.
- Romance Package – Six chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of sparkling wine
- Blackout electric window coverings. It’s fun to wake up in the morning and push the button to raise the floor to ceiling window shades to start your day with a fabulous view of The Strip.
- Soaking Tub – After a busy day out by the pool, relax in your extra deep soaking jacuzzi tub overlooking the action of the Strip below.
- The Views! – The sleek 57 floor Elara has some of the best views in Las Vegas. Watch the water show at the Bellagio, the High Roller, the roller coasters, all the lights, glitz, and glamour.
- Smoke free – the entire Resort is smoke free.
- We hear there are more surprises coming soon at Elara, so stay tuned!
Time to Surprise Your Favorite Travel Partner with a Trip to Elara
Elara, A Hilton Grand Vacations Club, named after one of Jupiter’s moons, truly lights up the Las Vegas Strip, and offers so much luxury, comfort, (and surprises) to lucky travelers coming to visit. You can honestly stay and relax for a week here and still not be ready to go home. We didn’t realize we could love Las Vegas as much as we do after a vacation at Elara.