There are so many reasons why Hilton Grand Vacations isn’t your typical timeshare. Here is one big one: A traditional timeshare usually requires Owners to book a 7-night stay. As an HGV Owner, you have the flexibility to book shorter vacations, with a 3-day minimum. So why not plan a 3-day weekend getaway?
Summer will be here before we know it, and you know what that means. Picture this. You put in a really focused week at work, but by the time Friday arrives, you’re sitting at your cubicle, daydreaming of an umbrella-wearing cocktail out by the pool. You stare out the window and see others playing in the sun while you are still stuck under fluorescent lighting. Dare we go further? Unbeknownst to yourself, you open your phone and yes, your fingers begin to type uncontrollably in search for a weekend summer getaway. It’s not your fault—blame it on a beautiful Friday afternoon in the glorious season of summer.
Hilton Grand Vacation is here to help you plan an easy, 3-day summer weekend away from the fluorescent lights and keyboards. Whether you’re taking advantage of “Summer Fridays” or using some well-deserved PTO, here are eight ideas for a three-day weekend getaway at HGV destinations.
A 3-night stay can easily be filled with art, entertainment, and dining on The Strip. But if you feel that you’ve been there, done that, here are some ideas beyond the bright lights that can give you a whole new Vegas experience.
- The Neon Museum
- Hiking or mountain biking the Red Rocks
- Hoover Dam
- Houseboating on Lake Mead
- Outlet shopping
You won’t need a car during your 3-day weekend in D.C. since there is an endless amount of things to do in the nation’s capital. Here are some ideas to fill your getaway:
- Free museums and monuments all over the city
- Relax with a craft cocktail at a Prohibition-era themed speakeasy
- Treat your kids to Operation Spy at the International Spy Museum
- Trendy coffee shops and stores in Dupont Circle
The Grand Stand of Myrtle Beach boasts a 60-mile strand of beaches and world-renowned golf courses. A visit to the city and vacation resort has plenty of fun in the sun for a 3-day weekend away.
- Beachfront boardwalk for dining, entertainment, and beach access
- Myrtle Beach Skywheel
- Myrtle Beach Pavilion with old-fashioned and modern rides for all ages
- Myrtle Beach Speedway with NASCAR races
- Myrtle Beach Zipline Adventures
For a getaway on the water and white sand beaches, a visit to Hilton Head is a perfect 3-day weekend choice.
- Coligny Beach (get there with your beach umbrella and cooler early to grab a spot!)
- Pinckney Island National Wildlife Refuge
- Golf, golf, golf (Hilton Head is the ‘golf island’)
- Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center
We could write hundreds of stories of all the things to do in New York City. Here are just a few ideas for three days in the city that doesn’t sleep.
- Get a coffee and go for a long walk through Central Park
- Practice your photography skills on the High Line (abandoned rail tracks converted into a beautiful park trail space)
- Take a walk over the Brooklyn Bridge
- Go back in time for a carefree day in the sun on Coney Island
- Visit a Farmer’s Market and enjoy a fresh meal in your HGV kitchen before seeing a Broadway show
Warm summer sun can be found almost year-round in San Diego. If you are planning a long weekend with your family, here are a few fun ideas for all ages.
- Legoland – Located right by our Resorts, children and adults will love the rides and the Lego play spaces to freely build whatever comes to mind
- Beer tasting at over 100 craft breweries in North County
- San Diego Zoo
- Balboa Park – filled with parks, trails, and museums
- Beach day – or just spend all 3-days at the beach!
When the snow melts, Park City is still a fantastic getaway in the sun. Almost every night of the week you can find a free concert or event. If you are looking for outdoor adventure or an adrenaline rush, plan your long weekend in Utah.
- Ziplines, coasters, and slides on the mountain
- Rafting and water sports
- Fly fishing
- Take the whole family on a guided horseback ride through the mountains
- Pack a wine and cheese basket and enjoy a free Wednesday night concert in Deer Valley (Why not make your 3-night weekend a little longer?)
- Last Friday Art Gallery Stroll (last Friday of the month)
- Park Silly Sunday Market
- Thursday Night Free Concerts at Newpark Amphitheater
There are so many other things to do in Orlando besides the mouse. Here are a few ideas for a long weekend in Orlando.
- Ride the ICON Orlando
- Go for a stroll through Tibet-Butler Nature Preserve (it’s shady!)
- Take a boat tour through scenic Winter Park
- Rent a paddle boat on Lake Eola Park
- Enjoy coffee, chess, and a good book at a local Orlando or Winter Park coffee shop
Instead of spending perfect-weather Friday afternoons daydreaming under fluorescent lights, plan to get away for a couple of long weekends this summer. We think your boss and family will thank you for it! You aren’t a Member of Hilton Grand Vacations? Not to worry! If you have a last minute itch to escape for a long weekend, visit here to see what’s available!