Picture this. You put in a focused week at work, and by the time Friday rolls around, you’re sitting at your office cubicle, dreaming of an umbrella-wearing cocktail by the pool. Or maybe you’re looking for a quick getaway to celebrate that Presidents’ Day or Labor Day Monday off.
Hilton Grand Vacation has some travel inspiration for an easy, 3-day weekend away from fluorescent lights, keyboards and your regular 9-to-5. Here are eight ways to spend a great long weekend away.
Las Vegas, Nevada
A 3-night stay can easily be filled with art, entertainment, and dining on the world-famous Strip. But if you’ve been there, done that, here are a few sites to consider that take you beyond the casinos and shows.
- If you haven’t had your fill of bright lights, take in the sights of The Neon Museum.
- Adventure seekers can hike or mountain bike in the Red Rocks.
- Explore the stunning arch-gravity Hoover Dam at the border of the Arizona/Nevada line.
Stay: Enjoy the thrills in one of the entertainment capitals of the world with accommodations right on the Las Vegas Strip.
You won’t need a car during your 3-day weekend in D.C. since there is an endless amount of things to do in the nation’s capital. Here are some ideas to fill your getaway:
- Explore free museums and monuments all over the city.
- Relax with a craft cocktail at a Prohibition-era themed speakeasy.
- Treat the kids to Operation Spy at the International Spy Museum.
- People watch at the trendy coffee shops and stores in Dupont Circle.
Stay: With a prime spot in the heart of the nation’s capital, The District by Hilton Club offers the perfect ways to plug in to the historic wonders and modern marvels of Washington, D.C.
Myrtle Beach, S.C.
The Grand Stand of Myrtle Beach boasts a 60-mile stretch of beaches and world-renowned golf courses. A visit to the city and vacation resort has plenty of fun in the sun for a 3-day weekend away.
- Get a view from the top on the Myrtle Beach SkyWheel®.
- Enjoy family time on the Myrtle Beach Pavilion with old-fashioned (and a few modern) rides for all ages.
- Hit the Beachfront boardwalk for dining, entertainment, and beach access.
Stay: Hilton Grand Vacations boasts three Myrtle Beach resorts including Hilton Grand Vacations Club at Anderson Ocean Club, the Ocean 22 by Hilton Grand Vacations Club, and Ocean Enclave by Hilton Grand Vacations Club.
Hilton Head Island, South Carolina
For a getaway on the water and white sand beaches, Hilton Head makes for a great long-weekend destination.
- Get there with your umbrella and cooler early to grab a prime spot on Coligny Beach.
- Get wild at the Pinckney Island National Wildlife Refuge.
- Golf, golf, golf…did we mention golf?
Stay: Kick back and relax with oceanfront views at the Ocean Oak Resort by Hilton Grand Vacations Club.
New York City
When it comes to great long weekend destinations, we could write hundreds of stories of all the things to do in New York City. Here are just a few ideas for three days in the city that doesn’t sleep.
- Get a coffee and stroll through Central Park.
- Practice your photography skills on the High Line, abandoned rail tracks that have been converted into a beautiful park trail space.
- Take a walk over the iconic Brooklyn Bridge.
- Go back in time for a carefree day on Coney Island.
Stay: Soak in that famous NYC skyline from the comfort of one of our three Hilton Grand Vacations midtown getaways including The Hilton Club-New York, The Residences by Hilton Club, and West 57th Street by Hilton Club.
Carlsbad/North County/San Diego, California
Warm summer sun can be found almost year-round in San Diego. If you are planning a long weekend with your family, here are a few fun ideas for all ages.
- Children and adults alike will love the rides and the Lego play spaces at Legoland®.
- Sample beers from more than 100 craft breweries in North County.
- Show off your best flamingo impression at the San Diego Zoo.
- Filled with parks, trails, and museums, enjoy Balboa Park.
- Or just spend all 3-days at the beach!
Stay: Hit the spa while your kids enjoy resort-coordinated children’s programs provided by Hilton Grand Vacations Club at MarBrisa. Carlsbad SeaPointe Resort and Grand Pacific Palisades Resort offer breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean.
Park City, Utah
Even with no snow, Park City, Utah is a fantastic getaway. If you are looking for outdoor adventure or an adrenaline rush, plan your long weekend in Utah.
- Soak up the great outdoors with rafting, water sports and fly fishing.
- Take the whole family on a guided horseback ride through the mountains.
- Enjoy an Art Gallery Stroll the last Friday of each month.
- The ecofriendly Park Silly Sunday Market brings friends and family together each week.
Stay: Inspired by Park City’s mountain heritage, Sunrise Lodge, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club, blends rustic architecture with modern elegance to create a vacation setting that redefines what it means to get away.
There are so many things to do in Orlando beyond the mouse. Here are a few ways to spend a long weekend in Orlando.
- Ride the Wheel ICON Park.
- Stroll through shady Tibet-Butler Nature Preserve.
- Take a boat tour through scenic Winter Park.
- Rent a paddle boat on Lake Eola Park.
- Enjoy coffee, chess, and a good book at a local Orlando or Winter Park coffee shop.
Stay: Unwind from a long day with accommodations at four Orlando-area Hilton Grand Vacations resorts.
Hilton Grand Vacations has destinations all around the world to make your next long weekend remarkable. Give us a call at 1-800-230-7068 or fill out our contact form to learn more.