When it comes to vacation ownership, Hilton Grand Vacations makes sure you have all the information, resources and support you need to maximize your travels. Unfortunately, there are scammers out there who scour the internet for data they can use to lure people into fraudulent timeshare offers.
Follow these tips to help avoid a possible timeshare scam:
- Be wary of offers to sell, rent or advertise your timeshare. Remember, we will never reach out to you asking to rent or sell your timeshare. And because Hilton Grand Vacations manages your ownership directly, we’ll never ask another party to contact you on our behalf. Be cautious when receiving this kind of communication and always report it to us. If you ever have questions about how to manage or sell your ownership, contact Hilton Grand Vacations directly.
- When in doubt, don’t engage. Working with a Hilton Grand Vacations representative is the only way to upgrade your membership securely. If you’re presented with an offer from someone else that sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Our communications are consistent and easy to identify. Don’t engage with a caller or respond to an email if the offer seems questionable or unexpected. If you’re unsure, contact us with questions about your benefits or promotional offers.
- Know how Hilton Grand Vacations does business. The best way to identify a counterfeit is to know the real thing when you see it. At Hilton Grand Vacations, we don’t waiver from our brand standards. If something looks or sounds different than the communications you’re used to, it’s likely not from us. Here’s some information about us that can help you tell the difference:
– We do not share your information with any third party that would offer to sell or rent your timeshare ownership or related benefits.
– We do not leave pre-recorded sales messages. All our promotional calls are made by live Team Members.
– We do not allow you to rent out your vacation exchange benefits.
- Don’t pay upfront fees. Upfront fees are one way scammers can get payments from you – or worse, steal your credit card information. Never pay an upfront fee to list your timeshare for sale or rent. Only make payments when you’re confident in the transaction and the recipient, namely Hilton Grand Vacations or our partners.
- Beware of false promises. Some scammers promise to eliminate maintenance or homeowners association fees. Maintenance fees and the like are directly related to your ownership and should be managed directly through Hilton Grand Vacations. Avoid promises to handle fees or anything else related to your Club membership.
Protect your investment
If you think you’ve been a victim of timeshare fraud, report it to Hilton Grand Vacations immediately. Call 800-932-4482 or complete the Incident Intake Questionnaire and email it to Privacy.Matters@HGVC.com.
As a proud partner of the ARDA-Resort Owners’ Coalition, our Owners never need to feel in the dark. Our Team Members are here to help protect your investment and the vacation ownership lifestyle you love.