“Let’s stay in for dinner tonight.”
These aren’t words you can really say while staying in a traditional hotel room on vacation. Luckily, the stunning Hilton Grand Vacations resort kitchens are one of the most loved and valued amenities at our properties. When the cooking space, dining area, along with an incredible view is all beautiful, how can you not feel inspired to put on your chef hat, open a bottle of wine, and craft a delicious local recipe?
Well, the thought of cooking for hours and cleaning up even longer doesn’t sound like the best of ideas. For that reason, we’ve put together one of our favorite quick, crowd-pleasing recipes to try on your next vacation. This Japanese-inspired recipe is sure to win a few gold stars for the chef!
Soba Noodle Salad with Edamame & Honey
What are soba noodles?
Soba noodles are a type of Japanese noodles made of buckwheat that can be served cold or hot. Creating a soba noodle salad is the perfect meal to customize. If you like spicy, add more chili pepper. If you like a cool crunch, add thin strips of cucumber. For extra protein add in a hard-boiled egg or grilled tofu.
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 8-10 ounces of soba (buckwheat) noodles (You can order these on Amazon if needed!)
- 1 cup steamed/shelled edamame beans
- 2 scallions (green onions)
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp roasted sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- Gather your ingredients
- Make the dressing: combine vegetable oil, sesame oil, and red pepper flakes in a small saucepan. Whisk together over medium heat for 3 minutes. Add in honey and soy sauce to the mixture. Keep whisking until honey is dissolved.
- Bring a separate pot of water to a boil and cook soba noodles according to the package instructions.
- Drain soba noodles in a colander, under cold running water
- Drain well
- Transfer soba noodles to a large bowl
- Flash boil edamame for three minutes if frozen. Make sure they are already shelled
- Thinly slice the white and light green parts of scallions
- Chop cilantro into small pieces
- Combine soba noodles, edamame, dressing, scallions, cilantro, and sesame seeds in the bowl.
- Toss everything together and enjoy! Can be served room temperature or chilled the next day!
Drink Pairing: Try a crisp Hakone beer, or sip a dry sake.
Whether you are traveling to our newest Japan property, The Bay Forest Odawara by Hilton Club, or craving a delicious Japanese-inspired recipe, this easy soba noodle salad can be a go-to on all of your HGV vacations!