The Hilton Grand Vacations list of best islands to visit, from Malta to Maui
From the white-sand beaches of Barbados to the inky black shores of Hawaii, there are so many tropical vacation destinations to choose from. If you’re ready to surround yourself with turquoise waters, warm breezes, and colorful cocktails, here is the Hilton Grand Vacations list of the best island vacations around the globe.
There’s so much to do in this Caribbean destination. Beyond the beautiful beaches, there’s a lot to explore outdoors:
- Adventure into the island’s storied caves, like Animal Flower Cave and Harrison’s Cave.
- Take a walk through the exotic plants of Hunte’s gardens.
- Swim with turtles among a shipwreck in Carlisle Bay.
- Take a local cooking class and learn to make authentic Caribbean food.
Whether you want to kick back and relax or experience as much culture (and cuisine) as possible, it’s all waiting for you in Barbados.
Where to Stay: Hilton Grand Vacations at The Crane
The Hawaiian Islands offer a wealth of tropical retreats, many of which visitors come back to every year. It won’t take long to see why this is one of the best island vacations.
The Big Island
Head to Waikoloa to explore a lava-laden landscape with waterfalls, black-sand beaches, and reefs. You can:
- Snorkel with manta rays and ancient green sea turtles.
- Take a helicopter tour over the island’s active volcano.
- Enjoy great food and live entertainment at the Lava Lava Beach Club.
Where to Stay: We have four beautiful properties to choose from.
This island is home to an wide variety of cultural events, lively restaurants, pulsing nightlife, and perfect surfing waves. Plan your visit and take in all the treasures that await you:
- Tour the historical sites and memorials at the Pearl Harbor museum.
- Go off the beaten path and hike to the Makapu’u Tide Pools.
- Explore the Iolani Palace, which was the home of Hawaii’s last reigning monarchs.
Where to Stay: Choose from one of five properties just steps away from the white-sand beaches of Oahu.
This island full of white, red, and black-sand beaches, and epic culture will never disappoint:
- Take a sunrise hike to Haleakala, and summit 10,023 ft.
- Go whale watching during the winter and see North Pacific humpback whales in their natural habitat.
- Experience a variety of water sports, from jet skiing to flyboarding.
Where to Stay: Maui Bay Villas by Hilton Grand Vacations Club (Coming Soon)
A trip to Jamaica can be the best island vacation filled with adventure for the whole family.
- Dine on local cuisine such as jerk chicken and saltfish.
- Tour the historic Croydon Plantation, where you can sample fresh pineapples and sugarcane.
- Take a trip to the many beaches of Montego Bay.
Where to Stay: Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa
There’s nowhere quite like Fiji. This remote archipelago of 300 islands welcomes you to its private beaches, vibrant underwater world, and lush landscapes.
- Visit Sri Siva Subramaniya Temple, the largest Hindu temple in the southern hemisphere.
- Fly through the tropical rainforest at speeds of 40 mph at Sleeping Gianti Zipline Fiji.
- Go for a shopping spree at Port Denarau Marina, a collection of boutiques, bars, and restaurants that is a favorite among tourists and locals.
Where to Stay: DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Fiji, Sonaisali Island
Beautiful beaches and lush tropical landscape make St. Lucia a favorite tropical vacation destination.
- Go to Pigeon Island National Park and visit old military forts and hiking trails.
- Take a scuba diving course. Dive Saint Lucia offers lessons for levels ranging from kids to pro.
- Tour the treetops on an aerial tram, a kind of open air gondola that transports visitors into the heart of the rainforest.
Where to Stay: Harbor Club St. Lucia, Curio Collection by Hilton
Planning a trip to Malta, the archipelago in the Central Mediterranean between Sicily and the North African Coast, means enjoying the best of island life and a rich history.
- Explore the city of Mdina, whose history dates back 4,000 years. Don’t miss the palaces and ancient city walls.
- Discover 20,000 sq. ft. of marine life at the Malta National Aquarium.
- Enjoy traditional Maltese food at one of many amazing restaurants.